About Me

My photo
Mommy to lego and minecraft obsessed little boy and twin girls who love dressing in tutus or princess gowns and trying on Mom's makeup. All 3 of my kids have their special talents and strengths and their unique challenges. Autism, Apraxia, Hypotonia, Anxiety, Sensory Processing, Receptive Language Disorder, and IEPs are all a part of the language spoken in this house! Always on the go to one therapy or play date to another support group meeting. . .

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ugly Yellow Card

In the mail today was an ugly yellow card in JD's name. WooHoo! Finally! What is it you ask? It's JD's yellow Access card- he now has medical assistance. Did I wear them down with my daily phone calls? Did they need the reminder that they were over their 30 day time frame and therefore in violation of the law? Or perhaps it was my promise to contact the media and ask them why the county assistance office was denying my ASD son his medical assistance when he automatically qualifies based on diagnosis?

MA opens up doors to services that JD is currently not receiving. Without MA he wouldn't be able to get these services from our private insurer- they don't cover most ASD treatments/therapies. So I've been anxiously waiting for MA to be awarded. As someone I met this week says, it's not a wait list so much as a frustration list. So happy it's finally approved!


But I wonder, why did they have to make the card a ridiculous ugly yellow? And why do those "caseworkers" give no explanation for the delay? And why so rude as to not return the phone call(s)? And how can they get away with not abiding with the law?

from http://www.keystonemercy.com/member/eng/help/id-card.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment