About Me

My photo
Mommy to lego and minecraft obsessed little boy and twin girls who love dressing in tutus or princess gowns and trying on Mom's makeup. All 3 of my kids have their special talents and strengths and their unique challenges. Autism, Apraxia, Hypotonia, Anxiety, Sensory Processing, Receptive Language Disorder, and IEPs are all a part of the language spoken in this house! Always on the go to one therapy or play date to another support group meeting. . .

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Save the house, clap! clap! clap!

I meant to post this yesterday but it got a little crazy with silly adults fighting and screaming. Then I had to fill out freakin eval forms for today's eval. Here it is-
 
        We are in the middle of an Little Einsteins marathon. I like the music so it's bearable. Actually all 3 kids love Little Einsteins. The house looks insanely cluttered and I can't see my dining room but hey all 3 kids are dressed and breakfast is underway.  I keep saying, I'm going to drop all 3 kids off at my parents and just come home and speed clean. I took the weekend off from cleaning, its never worth the aggravation of catching up. I still have to move the furniture and set up the tv in the basement. How come my to do list is never gone?

My dining room table is under there somewhere.
A quick recap of what's gone on since the last post:
  • the hubs and I went to an all day ASD parents training. I learned a couple new things. Most of the other stuff I've kind of learned since the diagnosis. It's hard to figure out who to call and when to call to get connected with resources for your preschooler.
  • Went to my 2nd IEP meeting, which really is our 1st with an ASD diagnosis. I called Parent Partners and 2 volunteers attended the IEP meeting with me to support and beef up my side of the table. It's a power game. Silly, I know, but there you have it. This meeting went much different than last. This one we actually negotiated and JD got ABA training along with a PCA in home. We also upped his OT. I left his ST as is because to be honest I don't care for the level of service being provided with ST, plus at Theraplay he does wonderfully with ST.
  • JD is now telling me why he needs a time out and apologizes without much prompting. Making meltdowns not as long or frequent  and less painful for everyone. 1-2-3 is really Magic!
  • Apple had her follow up with the hematologist. White count is back up, iron levels near normal. We need to keep her on iron drops and visit every 3 months for a retest. Fingers crossed we stay good.

  • Sent out invites for the BOGOs 1st birthday. Having it at the house. And now our street is being torn up so the water department can replace old pipes. Nice warning- 1 day notice. From 7 am until about 3, we have a lot of heavy machinery and NOISE. So JD is walking around the house telling me it's too loud and covering his ears. Wonderful.
Going back to Lil Einsteins- we're on a mission to save the trees or something now. My life sometimes feels like a marathon of tot and twin activities. I'm a freakin taxi service and occasionally have to whip out a boob to quiet the BOGOs and in between I have to find time to be a housewife. Tired. The messy house is putting me in a bad mood. Sigh. Where's that maid?

My sink- 1 days worth

No comments:

Post a Comment