About Me

My photo
Mommy to lego and minecraft obsessed little boy and twin girls who love dressing in tutus or princess gowns and trying on Mom's makeup. All 3 of my kids have their special talents and strengths and their unique challenges. Autism, Apraxia, Hypotonia, Anxiety, Sensory Processing, Receptive Language Disorder, and IEPs are all a part of the language spoken in this house! Always on the go to one therapy or play date to another support group meeting. . .

Friday, March 23, 2012

The BOGOs

Having twins is completely different from having a singleton baby. Even the whole pregnancy. The delivery is surreal- you have two teams of nicu staff, you have the anesthesiologist standing by, you deliver in an OR. Most of my delivery was in a regular L&D room and then when I felt pressure and the doctor checked, I was wheeled into the OR and with a couple of pushes welcomes Apple into the world. 5 minutes later with 1-2 pushes Cems joined us. Then a very scary hour later, I was able to hold my girls and be thankful that all was for the moment well.No time for pictures with the doctor and team like we did with our singleton. Everything is quick, precise, and all baby birthing business. No relatives visiting this time around because I was on the mag drip and that crap is nasty and makes me generally miserable.

You're discharged and suddenly there are 2 babies with you at all times. Well in my case 2 babies and a tot at all times.

My favorite time with the twins is at night, during their nursings. Mainly because it's just me with them in their room. I love watching them sleep. Cems and I rock in the glider, her hand desperately clutching her favorite boob as if I'm going to take it away any second. She clings for dear life. This baby would nurse all night if I let her. I will remember all those nights that out of desperation, I bundled her in my covers, in my bed, and let her co sleep with us, just so I could get some sleep. Waking up for the first 10 months to a baby Cems in our bed with a bad case of bed head. And she sleeps cuddled in her blanket and she loves to tuck her feet in the blankies or on me. When she's awake, she'll stop nursing, look up at me with her big brown eyes and grin. Her eyes smiling at me. There's my troublemaker Cems. And during the day, she's my clingy baby. Always needs to be soothed or cuddled. Raises her arms to be held and screams bloody murder if you ignore her. She cries as if her soul hurts until she gets her way and she's got Daddy wrapped around her finger-- oh yes she does! She's a smart one.

Now my Apple girl- she's quieter. She's got this sweet angelic smile and a bit of a temper. But she's also the smarter of the two. She waits her turn or silently goes stealth mode and gets into things she knows she shouldn't. She'll steal things off her siblings. She'll climb up steps and clap at herself. She'll stand up, turn off the tv, turn and grin at you. She'll stare at her brother acting out or playing and grin. She loves JD. And she hates when I'm out of her sight. When she nurses at night- which isn't as often at Cems- I must be quiet. She must be on my left side, she must hold my hair, she must lay just so. And then she looks up at me and grins and giggles and talks to me. "Mama, Mama" and she looks so much like JD at times. But when she sleeps- she's all over the place. She will be a bedhog. and a sheet hog. Just like her mama.


BOGOs- Caems (l), Apple (R)


My two girls don't look alike, Apple is a good 2-3 inches taller and several pounds heavier than my little baby Cems. Both have such different personalities. It's easy to picture the future, as teens. But it also scares me to plan that far ahead. Life is teaching me to plan one day at a time, one moment in time. Because sometimes our life doesn't go how we'd like.

I'm so happy that JD has them to keep him company. How they'll all keep each other company as they grow up together. All the fun and laughter- and just how much life they've brought into our house. And wow they've brought alot of noise and toys into this house too. They've made us a family. I'm very thankful for all the good things in my life. So much so that I'll take the bad that comes with it because a life without the kids-- that's too quiet for me. The journey to have kids, the journey that hubby and I started back in 1998- I love that journey. Because it brought us to the here and now. There are no words to describe how much I love them. I love my 3 babies more than anyone or anything ever. They are my joys.



The Twingles!


1 comment:

  1. Funny how at 2 days old we knew how their personalities would be!

    ReplyDelete