About Me

My photo
Mommy to lego and minecraft obsessed little boy and twin girls who love dressing in tutus or princess gowns and trying on Mom's makeup. All 3 of my kids have their special talents and strengths and their unique challenges. Autism, Apraxia, Hypotonia, Anxiety, Sensory Processing, Receptive Language Disorder, and IEPs are all a part of the language spoken in this house! Always on the go to one therapy or play date to another support group meeting. . .

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Vaccine Nation- MisInformed Consent

I am angry. Furious. Doctors seem to have forgotten what Informed Consent is.
I can tell you what is Isn't- we have lots of experience with that. Every time the kids went to the doctor, the doctor would come in, check stats and vitals, took our questions and as the doctor was in the process of leaving the room and ending our visit, they would say- Oh baby is X months old so Baby gets these shots A, B, C, D. We'd get a piece of paper on bullet points on the vaccines and their benefits.
Never Once- Never Ever- did they say by the way these shots have been known to cause seizures, shock, behavioral problems, autism like symptoms. They barely told us what the vaccine was for. And stupid us, went right along and went with it. Ok Charlie, no problem, we're modern parents who don't believe this anti vaccine movement. Until ASD was found in our home.

I have a MBA and I'm too stupid to go do my own research. I blame myself. Of course I do. I blame big Pharma, I blame our government for not doing anything about what is in our vaccines. I went along and blindly vaccinated and overtaxed my baby boy's system and now he's facing a life time of struggle to overcome those freakin shots.

Why haven't they ever done a study on side effects of getting all these shots all at once? We have side effects of each individual shot, not of all of them collectively being injected into our babies muscles. Why are they finding RNA in spinal fluid and in the brain? Why are titer levels so high in kids with all sorts of symptoms like OCD, ADHD, Anxiety, Behavior Disorder, ASD.
I have been doing a lot of research on vaccinations, getting ready for the girls 12 mo well visit. Hubby and I have talked and talked about the vaccines. We can either vaccinate the hell out of them like we did with JD and maybe end up in the same boat as we have with JD. Or we can avoid vaccines and hopefully end up with 2 neurotypical girls. I hope it's not too late, since up until their 9 mo visit, they have been vaccinated on schedule. What did I finding my research? A lot of information that makes me uneasy. How much toxins are already in my babies systems and are they still okay or was anything triggered during the first 9 months? I don't know.

So what do I know?  I did NOT give informed consent.  I was NOT informed. And I am angry at the doctors and at myself for not demanding it from the doctors.

Some good links:

http://www.vaccineethics.org/issue_briefs/consent.php

http://www.nvic.org/

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/safety/default.htm

http://www.chop.edu/service/vaccine-education-center/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment