About Me

My photo
Mommy to lego and minecraft obsessed little boy and twin girls who love dressing in tutus or princess gowns and trying on Mom's makeup. All 3 of my kids have their special talents and strengths and their unique challenges. Autism, Apraxia, Hypotonia, Anxiety, Sensory Processing, Receptive Language Disorder, and IEPs are all a part of the language spoken in this house! Always on the go to one therapy or play date to another support group meeting. . .

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Vanilla Ice cream please!



My 4 year old had his first ice cream social at his school tonight. It was a success!
I wasn’t sure I was going to purchase tickets for the event. I seriously thought and stressed over it! But there we were at his 1st school function for better or worse. 

It was freaking LOUD! They had a DJ and I hadn’t prepped for that. I thought we’d have to come home before getting through the door. But he wanted to stay. My friends, I tell you I was very emotional.

I watched my kiddo playing tag with his bestie and another class mate. No aide. And I tried really hard not to be a helicopter mom. He ran around that gym like a nut with his best friend. Sam and Josh from #GMA have nothing on my kiddo’s bromance. These 2 hugged when they saw each other and my kiddo said: “Oh I missed you K.” A whole 4 hours since they’d last seen each other. LOL.

Things are GREAT! Tonight was the 1st night where I honestly dared to start believing that things are going to be all right. And now that I’ve started I don’t want to stop believing, just like Journey. Incredibly lucky and grateful for each success. I’ll never forget seeing him spinning and racing around the gym playing with his best buds. Amazing.

How did I know he enjoyed himself? Well I asked of course! It went something like this: Me: “Did you have fun buddy?”

JD: “Yes, can we go to Acme now?” Yup, success!

No comments:

Post a Comment