About Me

My photo
Mommy to lego and minecraft obsessed little boy and twin girls who love dressing in tutus or princess gowns and trying on Mom's makeup. All 3 of my kids have their special talents and strengths and their unique challenges. Autism, Apraxia, Hypotonia, Anxiety, Sensory Processing, Receptive Language Disorder, and IEPs are all a part of the language spoken in this house! Always on the go to one therapy or play date to another support group meeting. . .

Friday, October 18, 2013

Silver Linings



It’s been a rough week. My kiddo is dealing with such obvious targeted discrimination and he’s 5!! I am emotional: angry, sad, disappointed, furious, stressed.

I can’t post much about this as we’re exploring our options. Suffice to say I am so saddened that this is starting in Pre-K. For us, the only logical assumption, the only thing that makes any sense is that this is targeted discrimination. He had adjusted very well and we were seeing a lot of progress. Now I am forced to start the process all over again and desperately look for another place to put him.
Now they say we need to look at the positives during the bad times. If thing happen for a reason, maybe this is why this has happened to us:

  • Nothing like a stressful hardship to occur for a married couple to reunite for a common cause, to realize that we are connected even when it feels like we are not on the same team.
  • Maybe we’re done with all the nasty discrimination stuff after this (yeah allright, but a girl can dream!
  • We’ll go to a better place—err let me re=phrase to a better pre-K. Sounded like someone had passed away for a second there. (oh c’mon it wasn’t that bad of a joke was it?)
  • It was in some way meant to strengthen my faith. Whatever church I move on to might be a better fit for our family. We are certainly not welcome in our current one and it’ll be a cold day in hell before I step foot in that church again. 
  • It could be worse!  (Well it could)

I got nothing else. . .if you have any positives out of this please share.  I could’ve done without this particular incident. I’m stuck telling a 5 year old that he has to go to a new school and no more seeing his friends. SUCKS big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment