About Me

My photo
Mommy to lego and minecraft obsessed little boy and twin girls who love dressing in tutus or princess gowns and trying on Mom's makeup. All 3 of my kids have their special talents and strengths and their unique challenges. Autism, Apraxia, Hypotonia, Anxiety, Sensory Processing, Receptive Language Disorder, and IEPs are all a part of the language spoken in this house! Always on the go to one therapy or play date to another support group meeting. . .

Friday, January 18, 2013

Perfect World


In a perfect world:

I could afford to send my kids to the perfect pre-school that fits their needs- one that integrates so my kids have a chance to play with “normal” children, a place that provides play centered enrichment programs, where sensory issues aren’t deemed behavioral outbursts, where my child isn’t left sidelined while the others play, where the ratio was 3:1 and not 12:2.

 Everyone would have the best education and therapies available, regardless of income or lack of income. I could afford to work so that I could send my kids off to these great schools without fighting with Elwyn, reliable trustworthy daycare wouldn’t be so expensive, therapies would occur in school as stated.  IEP, arbitration, IDEA, all those other acronyms would just be common sense and not a long complicated process where you need a lawyer or advocate and countless meetings.

I wouldn’t worry about safety or need cameras in buses or classrooms. I wouldn’t worry about bullying, about abuse, about strange women coming into the classroom and kidnapping my child (oh yes, it did, right in Philly this week) or worry about someone showing up with a weapon forcing a lockdown at school   (nearby county also this week)
In a perfect world my kids wouldn’t need therapies and what not.  And this blog wouldn’t exist. SIGH. Would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment